Briggs Heating and Air Conditioning is Proud to introduce Krystal Klear Water
Most people think that their water is ok. It might smell a little bad or taste a little funny. But they think it’s mostly ok.
But those people would be wrong. The water in your home gets absorbed in your body through cooking, cleaning, bathing, and showering. Not just drinking water. The danger is real. Our public water systems are outdated.
And the current water treatment technology and government agencies cannot keep up with the growing list of organic and chemical contaminants in our water.
How does it work?
As the water comes into the tank, it’s filtered thru our special Dual-Action Mixed Media which reduces (or completely removes) the harmful chemicals hiding in your water. As the water goes thru this media, it creates “channels” where it’s filtered. After the water reaches the bottom of the tank, it travels up through a distributor tube where it’s now sent back into your home’s water supply.
Why is this different than other systems?
This proprietary blend of Coconut-Shell Granular Activated Carbon along with KDF-55 is unlike anything else on the market today. This Dual-Action blend operates using two different methods: absorption and oxidation.
What does the Carbon do?
It reduces or removes the:
- Chlorine, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s), Arsenic, Pesticides, Herbicides, Trihalomethanes, MTBE, Solvents, Chemicals & Poisons that may be hiding in your water through an absorption process.
- Carbon is widely recognized as one of the best filter medias available. However, most consumers do not realize that there are different types of Carbon including Wood, Peat, Coal, Palm Shell and Coconut Shell. It’s easy to be fooled by cheap carbon block systems.
- We use the finest grade of Coconut Shell Carbon because of its incredible absorption capability. Just one cup has the absorption power to cover an entire football field of water!
What does the KDF do?
- The KDF-55 filters water differently than Carbon. Instead of absorbing the pollutants, the KDF-55 works on a basic process known as REDOX (oxidation/reduction) principles. This represents a new and unique way of water filtration.
- The patented KDF media consists of a high purity copper-zinc formulation. These substances exchange electrons or bond with chlorine and other metals contained in the water to create harmless substances.
- Carbon cannot remove heavy metals because it is an organic media. KDF can remove metals such as Aluminum, Copper, Mercury, Nickel that the Carbon doesn’t.
- The KDF also serves another essential function: it prevents bacteria from growing in the media. The KDF inhibits bacteria growth (fungi, algae and mold) throughout the entire unit in two ways.
- The first is a by-product of redox; the exchange of electrons sets up an electrolytic field in which most microorganisms can’t survive.
- Second, the process of forming hydroxyl radicals and peroxides from some of the water molecules interferes with the microorganisms’ ability to function.
- The Krystal Klear Water Filtration System is unlike anything on the market today!